Sometimes we have so much to do that in order to achieve some efficient organization this technique becomes a must. And I’m telling you this from my very own experience.
So, why don’t you give it a try?
The basic unit of work in the Pomodoro Technique™ can be split in five simple steps:
- Choose a task to be accomplished
- Set the Pomodoro to 25 minutes (the Pomodoro is the timer)
- Work on the task until the Pomodoro rings, then put a check on your sheet of paper
- Take a short break (5 minutes is OK)
- Every 4 Pomodoros take a longer break
You need a timer: it can be any timer, actually, from a kitchen timer to a software timer if your work is computer based. Then, set it to 25 minutes.
For further information, follow this link: http://www.pomodorotechnique.com/
My favourite software timer: Focus booster